Saturday, May 19, 2018

Saturday 10:00 PM
Oh Boy, What an evening- after leaving the Legion looking forward to a nice time with a book it was all interrupted by weird behavior on Center St. A new M. B. SUV parked where it had no right to be parked and the operator talking on the a cell phone. I waited till his conversation was ended and signaled I wanted to talk. He got out with his ID in hand ‘Private Investigator”. I asked “you having a problem? He said “no we’re just doing a surveillance on the church across the street”. It’s NOT a church- it’s civic center for the church up the street. B.S. ALERT B.S. ALERT I replayed that with what I’ve lived here a long time & I’m prepared. His comment was “Yes I expect you are.” Within the next ½ hour they changed surveillance vehicles 3 times – Ready? All new SUV’s PLUS a black Crown Victoria thrown in. By then I’m getting a grip on the situation. I been around the horn once or twice. I went and prepared myself- I’ve also been on a few poorly run surveillance experiences – ONE included my best buddy falling through a ceiling during a stake out. Well that’s all funny NOW – wasn’t then. . . The last guy was a rather large ‘?’ gentleman approaching me and saying “ya got a problem”, My reply was “Nope, if you have ID” I’m bypassing the part about my 900 lumin hand light in his face and a .45 on my belt. I didn’t like Bounty Hunters in old time cowboy stories. Oh I’m not saying there isn’t a need for them today- I’m just saying – be honest. Be sneaky then Beware . I’m not the only crazy old man out there but I may be the craziest. Ha Ha Ha Oh Heck didn’t even mention the trip to the fighter plane and vintage car show this morning – As Roger pointed out “how can you pass up a car show, vintage fighter plane show and breakfast for $8.00. I COULDN’T. I didn’t I don't intend to either -

No comments:

Post a Comment