Wednesday, October 18, 2017

8:00 PM

Spent the greater part of the evening “Messaging” with the grandson (whom I’ve never met) of my ½ brother. Not a problem by any means. In fact pretty neat.
No progress on the Scout- Oh there were things I could have done to advance the procedure but I’m still waiting on a matched pair of belts. I’m sure getting persnickety.
After typing that I wonder just “WHY” I didn’t pursue that project as far as I could anyway. Oh Yeah I was out of Miracle Whip, cheese and roast beef. Well that’ll take your motivation away FAST! Sure- remedied that and then just plumb out of the mood. Excuses Excuses
10/18/2017
6:30 PM

"On the Road Again" The Scout that is. New hose, thermostat, and all the belts PLUS a power-steering leak fixed. Totally frustrated with Auto Zone except for the employees who went way out of their way to try to help. Might not be enough for me to continue to rely on them – we’ll see. I Understand that I’m not a run of the mill customer (mainstream) – both my vehicles are orphans (manufacturer no longer in production) and OLD. Hum sounds like me. . . (smile)

Probably at least one of the very best fish tacos I ever had came from the American Legion. The chef has turned that kitchen around so totally – KaDo’s to him. More than enough fish in the breading and topped with FRESH shredded cabbage. Radishes and red onions that tasted like they just came form the garden $3. The sauces were good but the heart of it is the fish and toppings. Way too much work & product in a low volume restaurant to sell for $3. Don’t tell him I said so. . . From both sides of me I heard “That’s a fish taco? I have to remember that.” Add a small pitcher of good brew and a tip and a $10 bill leaves everyone happy
I am tired and my back is objecting to the vertical position but maybe an hour of reading in the courtyard and I’ll be ready to close my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment