Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Tuesday 7:30 PM
All’s well at “old #5” as far as I know. If you know otherwise – let me know and I’ll take action if it’s absolutely required, maybe. (smile) I expect that I drive some people crazy with my use of commas and ‘-’s. Well I’m pretty sure that last expression of ‘-’ doesn’t fit anywhere in the “proper punctuation” column. I think colons and semi colons are probably the losers in the battle but they always seemed way to complicated to me. Data retention isn’t a strong point for me. Never was and at this point I don’t expect you’ll see a significant improvement. If Miss Murphy had been teaching English instead of math I’d probably learned more about punctuation and still wouldn’t understand higher math. I still know how much change I WILL get back from purchases and other monetary transactions.
A good trip to the Legion this evening (late afternoon) was enjoyed. Funny to me – I have some friends there who are friends to listen to, some are to encourage to talk and some are just plain “good friends”. The mixture is interesting (to me). It was Karaoke night but I slipped away early. I kind of don’t like to do that – there are a few folks with real talent but I know when it’s time for me to head home, Thankfully. That’s The News From Here for this evening as I adjourn to the courtyard with the trusty Kindle for the duration of this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment