Tuesday, November 19, 2019

11:00 PM
Being up this late isn’t a normal part of my routine. It’s raining in Central AZ. Sure hasn’t been a common occurrence recently but it’s expected to continue for several days. I don’t mind the rain but it’s expected to include winds for a portion of that period.
I mentioned laundry in an earlier post so the update is “today was finish the laundry day.” I did and I don’t know why but it took a tole on my back. Too long standing I expect. It went OK and 20 + dress shirts plus a stack of work cloths are hanging or folded in the closet and the only bed clothing unwashed is what was just put on my bed a couple days ago. I hereby officially declare the laundry done till tomorrow at least.
With rain falling and my fortitude being so low I elected to recoup with a book and a fire outside. Gentle showers falling on the metal roof of the courtyard and a small fire plus a book & beverage and the evening was extended beyond what I expected. One glowing log (wasn’t totally dry ) remains glowing slightly but the book and beverage are finished.
I’m starting to fit the ‘back thing’ into my mind better. I had to grocery shop before the laundry excursion. I actually had my grocery list with me when I went to shop (usually make a list and leave it at home) and got everything I went after and only slightly more. I didn’t expect fresh sweet corn that looked good and a couple baking potatoes weren’t on the list but. . . Wonder what tomorrow will hold ? Staying dry inside will play a major role I expect. Sometimes the pace around here is just plain scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment