Monday, March 20, 2017

Word was received today that indicates I am the sole survivor of Bert W. Waggener (my Dad). I got word from friends in Bunker Hill, via an obituary in the Telegraph, that my sister passed on the 15th.

Strange – did I mention she and my brothers (both long gone) were my ½ siblings on Dad’s side. Those things I didn’t even know till I was probably 10-12 years old and they had all moved out. Frances & Joe were twins and Roy, the oldest. They were 10 & 11 years older than me. Actually thinking back it’s all more like a book I read long ago but yet. . .

Then there’s Sherry’s Birth date. Well that is another thing, but that one has been lurking in my mind for a while now and will probably continue though July. BUT I not just a pretty face- I’m a tough old rascal, Right? Hey That was a question weren’t you paying attention? I didn’t hear ya. . .

While at Dave’s house Sunday I scored a “new to me” evaporative cooler! I took it apart today to check it’s interior- parts and pieces and wear items. Fan-- Good, quiet and no starting problems with any of it’s 3 speeds, Pump –- usually stuck solid after sitting – clean and started right up, float valve still in question. I figured I clean it all out before hooking water up to it. Issues – It’s intended to be mounted to a wall and blow in through a window or hole in the wall. That ain’t my plan (imagine that). I am hoping it will help make the courtyard more comfortable when the temperatures get up over 110 degrees (f). That means I’ll have to build a portable stand for it. OK I’m up for that- the problems are mostly balance. It’s heavy on the side that holds the water and is about 40” tall. Should be fun COOL. . .

Whoow - It got dark while I was sitting here typing and distracting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment