Wednesday, August 23, 2017

See folks, I'm trying to keep "The News From Here" alive. See from fb


An interesting thing about the actual picture is, I didn't remember it or have a copy of it. I remember the occasion but the picture was in my sister's collection of family pictures (in WV) that was sent to me by her husband after her passing. Thanks Bill! D. W. Pruitt. There were other treasures in the collection also but with this one there are NO sad memories associated - all good and fun times with wonderful people. Thanks Folks

Well today ended up about as productive as I can reasonably expect from ME. Nothing of real interest to anyone but me but I WAS active and I can relate the results after being summoned to the front door (rarely used)by a mad Mesa Cop. I hadn't moved my cars for the completion of the "chip & seal" process. When I went out to move them back to their regular spot last night the "NO Parking" signs had been moved from the street to up into the blvd and sort of randomly placed but not in front front my of MY place. It was dark and I couldn't read the hand printed part of the sign. WHOOPS. The cop said "I'm been beating on your door for a couple of hours." I DIDN'T correct him - I'd been out there a couple of times watching for the paving trucks. Timing may not be everything but it IS important plus it's never smart to argue with a Mesa cop. Long story made somewhat less long - he & I got along fine after my apology then a "parking violation cop" showed up". Wooo- that almost ended it dramatically. She came at me with threats and accusations and general B. S. The cop just stood there and I was thinking -This person has a problem-. Finally without her participation I asked to remove my vehicles and asked for a suggestion as to where to put them. She went off again. I asked again if I could just move my vehicles now-she went off again,I did but I didn't forget! If you want to piss someone off just keep on being stupid BUT I restrained myself and only communicated with the cop- I think he was embarrassed to be dealing with her too. It was bad enough. As of this moment both vehicles are parked OFF the street entirely- I just hope my neighbor who has LOTS of problems backing out doesn't hit the Scout. He's not a bad guy, just doesn't back up well- Well I guess I should understand - I don't "back up" from issues well either.

No comments:

Post a Comment