Friday, September 22, 2017

It’s a great morning, 75 degrees, sunny with a light breeze. Just right for yard work and I “think” I’m in the mood for that. Good thing too I’ve got some piles of Bougainvillea trimmings in back and more trimming needed. IT IS Friday, I used to use Friday consistently to prepare for Friday Night Happy Hour at “Old #5.” There was never any formalities involved- Rarely ever an invitation was extended, it was just our Friday night thing to do. I miss those times and those folks. Enough of that reminiscing and onward with today- Get out there “old man and get her done!” Whoops there fuel for the engine required FIRST.
The Late Edition

I quit a while ago but wasn’t up to the shower and prep for bed yet. All that is done now and I’m starting to feel almost human again. Human enough to be really tired and I don’t even mind staying at home on a Friday night. I trimmed and hand mulched enough to fill a 90 gal. trash container plus a 40 gal. Trash can that went into the other dumpster. I hope the operator doesn’t have too much trouble getting all the junk out of the first dumpster- I packed it in with an 8# sledge hammer. I went and got more metal fence posts to put around the Lemon tree and some rope to help suspend the heavily laden lemon tree limbs. Proportional to size of the tree now there aren’t so many lemons and they are all on the lower limbs and were laying on the ground or almost. No Longer the limbs are supported yet most are still in the shade from the tree itself – That’s how much its grown this summer. The mess in THAT area is cleaned up and feels better to me which makes me feel better which leads to more – push ahead Old Crusty. Tomorrow I ?think? I’m going to help Kurt-that’s the unconfirmed plan at this point anyway. Sunday afternoon I have an invitation to Trindal & Adam & their boy’s. It’s been a long time since I was out there – Where did I put my map? Ha Ha Ha Yeah, THAT long! I’m pretty sure I know. . . I probaly could find it anyway but. . . It’s a comfort to have it available.
The stupid bike rental station is in place. I guess after I raised a stink about it they decided they didn’t want it in front of their offices either. They ended up putting it across the street on 2nd Ave. That’s OK they’ll probably get hit by cars as it it right where a right turn lane SHOULD be. It turned out to be “not much”. Looks like a three bike stand with ugly bright green bikes – Nothing like the description would lead anyone to think nor like any others I’ve seen. Maybe the Methodist church recreation building wasn’t crazy about it in their blvd either.

No comments:

Post a Comment