Thursday, September 21, 2017

Imagine another day that didn’t adhere to my agenda? Course when ya write out your agenda with a piece of chalk on the sidewalk how serious can ya really be? (chuckle) My eye exam went fine. The exam actually took an hour – not more than 3-5 minutes were taken in waiting for something or someone. Result as expected- “you have cataracts but they are not ready for removal, everything else is OK – you do need a different prescription.” Imagine that. I knew all about having my eyes diluted from previous experience BUT this time – That’s OK I did make it home safely and without incident, I WAS very careful. I figured I hang out and read a while and wait for them to clear up then get on with things. I tried reading – under various conditions – wasn’t going to happen comfortably. So then I thought I’d take a walk around and inspire and motivate myself to get moving. Wasn’t in the cards I was dealt. The sun hurt my eyes too badly without the green plastic things I used to drive home and with them I couldn’t see well enough to tackle any of them. I waited 5 hours – read a little, walked around a little, griped to myself a little. After the 5 hours I still wasn’t comfortable – I thought- you know what trouble that can cause me, Right? What I needed was entertainment in a dark atmosphere. Ha Ha Ha Well a trip to the Legion (a few blocks away) provided that. I sat, had my small pitcher of beer and listened- I couldn’t hear much, not sitting close to anyone but I was entertained and it was dark. I did have to endure some teasing about “be quite Roger”, “you’re too loud Roger”, “stop being so rowdy Roger” etc. All in good fun because I sat by myself and didn’t really want to get involved nor did I want to subject anyone to MY mood– I just wanted to be distracted. I actually CAN make a small pitcher of beer last an hour and a half and that’s with very little practice, I might add, usually it’s a much more speedy process. So after almost 8 hours my eyes are back to normal- to my great relief and I’m safely back at “old #5”.
I REALLY wanted to get the prescription and frames taken care of (ordered) at PHX VA but thought that trip, traffic & parking etc. was pushing my luck beyond reason and common sense.

So all you fortunate folks, YOU get to hear about my day – I could only hope that it made you smile or chuckle at least once – EVEN if the smile and/or chuckle was ON me.

No comments:

Post a Comment