Wednesday, October 11, 2017

6:30 PM

Yesterday the only real project I thought I could (wanted) get into was cleaning up the Mercury. It wasn’t muddy or covered with bird droppings but it was dusty and hadn’t been cleaned well but once since I got it. Granted I don’t drive it a lot but it’s pretty dusty & dirty around here right now. Light rail staging (trucks loading and unloading dirt and fill) 1/2 block away remodeling exterior next door and a block or two away big construction underway PLUS it IS Arizona. (chuckle) Oh Yeah back to actually cleaning the Merc – I maybe got a little carried away – imagine that – I spent the entire afternoon at it. Something satisfying about detailing a car for me anyway. Not something I’d like to do every day but . . .

I met the new property manager for the apartments next door. Seemed OK – The exterior is now battleship gray with a white stripe around the top. The plan is to put rock in the front yard of which I applaud – you’d never get grass to grow between the foot traffic it gets and the hard packed dirt from years and years of flood irrigation. I DID mention the TREE and pointed out the liability of the limbs over my power lines and that those line are anchored into an adobe wall with no other options. He actually recognized that as a significant issue and was going to try to get the new owner to authorize trimming at least those specific limbs that overhang the power lines. I hope he was sincere and convinces the owner to pay for it. Fewer limbs = fewer leaves for a while anyway.

IT’S OCTOBER! I’m sure YOU realized that and on some level I did too. I have thought about a giant pot of chili over an outside fire but Good Grief IT’S OCTOBER! Not close to Oct. it IS and it’s far enough along to be bill paying time. Yeah THAT’S what made it hit home for me I guess. My utility bill came- that’s my signal to pay the bills. I wasn’t expecting the city utilities to be so high and I remembered the EXTRA garbage dumpster! Oh I will pay it and can pay because I HAVE to pay it but it still irritates me - extremely. And if you put $3.50 with that you might get a cup coffee some places.

Oh Today! I trimmed cacti and washed some of them to get the mealybugs of them, cut & d-thatched the grass and cleaned up the back patio & courtyard. Nope I ain’t EXPECTING company soon. Just trying to get back into the routine. Tomorrow I may either attack some interior issues I’m been meaning to address OR I may attack the Scout. It’s over due a little TLC and I MAY be just the rascal to provide it. I’ve been planning to upgrade the headlight wiring for a very long time (years and years)– It’s a design issue that there’s a reasonable fix for and as it gets older (NOT ME – IT- as well as me ) brighter headlights could be a nice thing. Not talking about those super lights or blue lights just the headlights via relays with a little heavier wire and from a better power source. Hum that may be a bit more ambitious than I want for tomorrow- I can talk myself out of stuff faster than a . . . . Well pertty durn fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment