Sunday, November 12, 2017

7:00 PM
Seems a lot later than that. Yeah, Yeah I'm still getting accustomed to the sun going down early AND coming up so late. By the time I get used to it it'll be spring. On the positive side I made it to church this morning. I didn't let the music become too distracting and the sermon was pretty good. Yes I am a terrible critic. After church I went for a ride. I wasn't headed anywhere and the old Scout had a full tank of gas and I was already about 15 miles out toward the mountains. If the weather is right and the smog isn't too bad there are places you can almost see mountains all the way around and undeveloped desert. Such were the conditions this morning. I made a wrong turn and knew it almost immediately but it took a long way for me to get a chance to turn around due to road construction. Oh I COULD have turned around about anywhere a few construction dirt piles wouldn't have stopped it, but striving to be a good law abiding citizen I chose not get off the pavement - that and traffic and it is a highly patrolled section of road. When I got back to town I decided to hit the large outside flea market on the way home. Didn't buy a thing. For some reason it was just one of those days - I got back on the freeway and headed home.

My good buddy and long time great friend AFTER his 3 mile run on his 80th Birthday.
Go Jim!

All the activity ceased when I got home - don't know why for sure. It just sort of reverted to a good book and a snack day and the next thing I knew I had to turn on a light. Just so you realize that I AM persistent and dedicated in some areas - I finished a good book and got a good start on another one. Now that's dedication, fed myself once and HEY ! I'm posting a note here.

I got an 8' x 10' outside rug from Dawn yesterday. She was tired of it I think didn't really want it anymore. She said it's OK but it's really dirty. Well it had been outside for a couple of years this is AZ we do have dust from time to time. Well she was absolutely correct. When I loaded it in the Scout I did notice the dust fogging. (chuckle) Well it looks great now. A yard vacuum and then a strong high pressure hose nozzle and it's almost like new. I'm just not sure where or if I want to use it. I'd really like a nice seating area for 3-5 people in the courtyard - I have large tables, I have chairs, I have lights but nothing goes together well. Here I am again thinking about getting rid of some stuff so I can get new (to me) stuff.

After getting the carpet cleaned a drying I thought ("thought" always a dangerous thing for me) I wasn't ready to call it a day but I wasn't ready for work. Yep - a shower revived my _______________ well I'm not sure what but . . . . I went to the legion. I check the parking lot when I get there - if there's too many cars/vehicles I turn around and go home. It looked OK but there was an older (from me, Ha Ha Ha) couple standing in the parking lot. I assumed they were going to their car and stopped and waved them across in front of me. They waved back - Well our waving wasn't getting any of us anywhere but they got the message through to me that they weren't going to their cars. I went and parked then stopped to chuckle with them about our signals. They were waiting for their son to pick them up. Well that turned into a gab fest. They were both fun and weren't finished talking- I'm sure glad it happened. Good folks and I was glad to be a fresh audience- Oh Yes, I may have contributed a little to the conversation, maybe? ? ? Being Vet's day there were a bunch of folks who had been there a while. I hadn't, which is always an interesting situation. Sometimes it isn't fun at all but sometimes it IS. It's all sort of like being in a small town again - some of it is good and some well. . . I am thankful that usually it's fun and even when I'm not really in the mood to be really social being around it & hearing a lot of laughing and lots of silliness helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment