Thursday, December 28, 2017

9:00 AM

Good Morning. Slept in again. If that keeps up I’ll . . . be better rested I suppose. Yesterday the Scout project was completed TWICE. First finish showed everything OK during the test drive. A slight issue with the re-manufactured air pump that I was aware of – the holes in the pulley were for S.A.E. bolts but on the new pump the bolts are metric -the pulley isn’t running exactly true. There are three bolts holding the pulley on so I thought that should work OK. It may be or ____ . It isn’t much but it does make it hard on the belt. End 2nd test run report, 3rd test run- allowing for the previously mentioned issue were all good UNTIL it sat for a while after the run. I checked it later for leaks – WHOOPS a big puddle of coolant under the water pump area. I looked and I looked and couldn’t determine WHERE it was coming from. Then I looked some more. It was dripping from all over the front of the engine but there weren’t any puddles on the engine – Head scratching time, contemplate, consider look some more. After running AND sitting a while it was leaking. The KEY there is after running and then sitting. After it’s shut off and sits the radiator cap releases the pressure and lets the expanded coolant go to an expansion container to be drawn back when needed. It’s carried by a small hose to that container. A tiny hole in that hose had developed from rubbing something. Needless to say the hole was not in an obvious location but I found it. It would spray coolant all over the front of the engine AFTER running. $5 hose + $15 more coolant and it’s cleanup the shop time. I think, I hope, dare I expect? Dare I head out to get firewood?
Yeah - I think

No comments:

Post a Comment