Saturday, March 24, 2018

Saturday 8:30 PM

I am happy to officially announce that the fence along the East side of “Old #5” has been replaced with NEW! Other than spaying with Thomson’s sealer (probably) it’s done. Big mess remains – 80+ ft of old junk fencing along with 2x4s used on saw horses for a work surface and about every power tool & construction wood working tool I own being cleaned up and put away, I’m calling it DONE. There are two old guys that are DONE (for) also. I only know that one of them is now “cleaned up” and soon to be ‘put away’ for the evening, that would be ME. I got the power tools etc to the shop but there they remain. They are out of the way and not conspicuous. The new fence is not a thing of beauty but it’s level and as straight as could be done using some posts that were here before me and some ‘old Pard’ (PC Schooley) & I put in back in 1994. I would NOT recommend using ‘whitewood fencing’ for any serious project especially from Home Depot. It’s junk, no two panels are the same and some slats are 1/2” thick and some are 5/8-3/4 “ thick the horizontal 2x3’s that hold the slats together are not at uniform locations on the panels. It still is a great improvement from the old fence (no clue as to how old as it was) that came from what others threw away. They were smarter than I was. Alas it had lasted many years and was a vast improvement over just bare chain link. On a much happier note Shorty & I remain more than just partners – we’re still good FRIENDS after the en-devour. He & Shirley leave Wednesday afternoon. Like many of those I know well, we never know if it’s our last visit or maybe there is one more on the agenda.
I’m really tempted to light a fire, pour a beverage and grab a book – But even burning old fencing a fire would probably last longer than I would this evening.
Good Night All

No comments:

Post a Comment