Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wednesday 4:30 PM

What can I say? It’s been busy around here. Busy like many often used words, have very little literal meaning. Ask 100 people to describe “busy” and ask exactly what they mean. I’ve just been ‘busy’ creating that last sentence – If I told you how long it took you would surely come to the conclusion that “old Crusty” has gone bonkers. You’d probably be accurate to an extent just as I been busy for the last few weeks (to an extent and based on my FEELINGS).
Wow that was laborious and time consuming. I wish I’d never started it as I expect you also might feel.
Are you beginning to understand “Why” it’s often a struggle for me to create a post?
The (1st phase) of the fence replacement has begun. It has been going VERY slowly. Not because of limited time invested although it hasn’t been every available moment but . . . It’s because we have to agree on everything and neither of us are really good at describing what we mean PLUS neither of us are accustomed to working with someone. Much like how I’m struggling to define ‘busy’ in my terms.
Alas it progresses, though slowly.
The old Scout caused me some concerns coming back from South of Queen Creek the other evening. Oh I made it home OK but it wasn’t returning to engine idle speed when it should. My first priority was getting home. Next day I tried it out and the engine would start great, idle fine too but start missing and sputtering badly just past idle speed. Finally I decided that I would NOT discover the issue while sitting and thinking about (chuckle). Finally I raised the hood and took the air cleaner off and just looked at it. Hum I looked again more closely and thought there is something not quite right here but what on earth IS it? A small heavy wire linkage between the choke and the accelerator linkage was laying on the intake manifold NOT attached to anything. Ah Ha! A CHOKE malfunction. The choke was sticking about 70% closed. OK I THINK but the slotted cam that it was supposed to attach to was only half there. Yep another “PLASTIC PART” has failed. Failed and departed to parts or places totally unknown. A pressed on plastic part on the carburetor. Well Darn! I’ve been considering going to a manual choke to bypass a bunch of those types of issues. As long as it’s fairly warm I can live without choke but it’s inconvenient in the mornings. Well it’s time I guess – They aren’t expensive, it isn’t too big a deal to make the change BUT I’M BUILDING A FENCE ! It’ll have to wait. The choke is Unstuck and the part is no longer restricting the choke returning to normal operation so it runs great just take a bit more to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment