Monday, September 9, 2019

Let me think a minute. Please don’t time me sometime it takes longer that I expect. Let me start fairly early this morning. I had an appointment at VA dermatology for 11:00 am. 3 missed calls from there and 4 tries to connect later and I was informed of a delay till 1:00. OK my fault. No problem! The appointment was just for the nurse to check on my arm. She got me right at 1:00 and lead me to an exam room. There I was informed that my dermatologist (Dr/surgeon) *requested* me to wait till she was free as she wanted to personally exam it. I was advised that it could be up 30 minutes wait time and if I would wait “would I prefer to wait in an examination room or out in the waiting room.” I thought out loud “I’m setting in a comfortable chair, cool and I have a chilled bottle of water and a fresh charge in the Kindle with a good book in progress.” I said I’m good where I am if it isn’t a problem. About a chapter or two later (in my book) the nurse came in followed by the Dr/surgeon both apologizing for the delay. I thought a 30 minute delay was pretty fine thing in most medical offices. I’ll admit that wasn’t what I said was just “no Problem”. A few minutes of looking and poking and the result was “Looks Great!” I agreed. (smile) I asked if I could get back to normal actives? Doc Targovnic said “If you understand that you could likely tear that wound open with your fingers right now. It will take a month at least for it to actually mend but if you’re careful OK. Continue the med’s AND be CAREFUL. I thanked the nurse and doc sincerely and departed. There went my excuse and with a threat. (Oh Crap) Ha Ha Ha, Careful is NOT my specialty and I’ve got the scars to prove it. Advice to others - Never do as I do- but I give excellent advice. Remember that (chuckle).

No comments:

Post a Comment