Friday, October 11, 2019

Need a chuckle ? Kind of a bummer day and then it was night. Thinking going to bed early might be a good thing- I did. It turns out it was a very good idea. It’s 2:00 and I’m up AGAIN and very wide awake. The first few times were in response to it having been a bummer day and drinking a LOT of water which I need to do even/especially when it isn’t hot outside I forget. I thought I was being really wise and responsible. I tend to be kind of a light sleeper these days. A couple hours ago I was awaken by noises outside. Back in the early days here it was necessary to be extra alert and once in that mode it’s a good idea retain that attitude. I laid still and listened. Yep something is going on! I get up and go to all the windows and doors and listen – at the windows in back where my bedroom is I can hear the noise. It sounds like someone walking on thin steel. Yes I have some steel roofing stored in back but it’s corrugated and wouldn’t make the noise I heard. Time shift into attack mode- pants, shoes, killer flashlight, handgun and keys to the building. Sure I can’t hear the noise anywhere, doors & gates are secure. There is leave breeze blowing not enough to be the source. OK back inside and aim for sleep again. I finally I doze off. A half hour later I’m awaken again – same noise – back to attack mood - verify re-secure the parameter. This time a bit more seriously. This time paying close attention to details rather than hiding places potential break-in indications. THAT’S when I notice the old galvanized lean-to shed. The door isn’t latched but it’s closed! A light breeze will make it swing open and back closed and after a test for the sound – I am so wide awake I easily realize “Yep That’s the Sound.” It is now closed and fastened and I will remember to KEEP it that way. Actually I wonder about trying for sleep again. It would be a good time to get some things done inside but it might be a better time for another try at some good sleep. There’s 4+ hours till actual sunrise. Hum

No comments:

Post a Comment