Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The last week plus has been a challenge so unusual to my usual lackadaisical indifference approach to life. It started off with a jury duty notice. Why that threw me into stress alert I have no idea. I’ve testified in numerous trials. In about all roles, yes about all roles except judge. For, against and witness and even procedural roles as even Bailiff in Federal court. Then there were the other issues – a dear friend was dying. Most of these events contributed to memories of past experiences none of which were happy. Then at the last few minutes before having to leave I called (the court machine) one more time and a HUMAN answered and they ID’d me and said your duty appearance is satisfied! Whaa Who ! Can’t get re-called for 18 months and by then I’m WELL over the age limit for jury duty! OH, am I celebrating that ?

No comments:

Post a Comment