Monday, November 4, 2019

Think I’ll have another ‘go’ at The News. Might not get back to daily but I hope for a sizable improvement to my posts of late.
My first real challenge will be to consistently DO SOMETHING that generates ideas worth posting. The last (? way too long) days have not generated much.
Went to the Legion Sat. evening (SHOCK NOT) but I stayed to hear a band that a friend had paid to appear. Now this is just between you & me but they were crazy LOUD! Customers & the bartender kept signaling them to turn it down without much luck. Actually all the instrumentalists were very good – Not my taste in music but that wasn’t a shock to me. (smile) The singer was screaming – only way I can describe it. Admittedly I don’t hear the upper pitch ranges very well but Oh I COULD hear him. Had no idea what the words were but nor could I figure what note he was attempting to scream . . . (chuckle) When I got home I was more than content to light a fire outside, read and just be. Yeah this getting old business takes a little adjustment and I don’t think I’m doing so well at it. Oh I know I am getting older (A-Hem (clearing throat sound)) when I try to doubt it the calendar reminds me.
I mentioned having a fire outside – I have a good inventory of firewood & kindling but when I cut the firewood last year I was seriously trying to get my trailer empty and should have split into smaller pieces. This season I thought I’d re-split some of it. Well that was a worthy plan till I went looking for my hatchet, splitting wedge and sledge hammers. Took me a week to locate all that stuff. Now I know that they are all together again if I could just remember where they are all together. (lol that’s sort of an exaggeration) I’m pretty sure I know where they are - in the shop. (Oh Crap!)

Well it has been sort of fun – guess I’ll to keep up a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment