Saturday, January 18, 2020

7:45PM Sat. evening. In sweats and house slippers and full tummy . The partners provided dinner in Crusty's Cavern. Dishes and pans etc all conveyed back into their kitchen and they are already in front of the TV. Actually a nice evening visiting and swapping stories that we all told/heard before. Please Understand I'm not complaining,and actually kind of nice. Many of Old Crusty's Cavern's regular patrons have departed so there was a little nostalgia, at times. There are times when "Old Pard" P. C.Schooley's name has to be remembered and missed amidst the laughing with stores of "Old Pard's many antics. Ewing & Marlene are both gone on. My favorite Ewing story is his usual preface to telling a story "If I've told this story before, Please bare with me because I really enjoy telling it(Ha Ha)? Makes me smile every-time I recall that preface of his. Most recently a guy. in a big box truck I'd never met. stopped in front, got out and came over. He said "I used to see a big green IH truck parked at your house". I said "Yep that was 'Big Bertha' Jerry Haynes's truck". The Mobile Mechanic - The guy just said "I kinda liked him, he kept our fleet on the roads for years." I could only reply that he helped me keep my vehicles functional for over 20 years and there was always a couple cans of Squirt in the fridge for Jerry when he just stopped by, whether it was to help me out or just to visit. I could carry on in this vein for much longer but I won't, mostly for my own sake. (smile)
I started out the morning with the pancakes, link sausage. orange juice and coffee I could hold. It was a Legion Post 26 Aux fund raiser. The pancakes were especially good. 3 was my limit but I handled 6 sausage links.
I also did something I rarely do - I bought a raffle ticket- in fact I bought SIX tickets for $5. Ha Ha Ha As I was putting my name & phone number on the tickets, I said "I'd better check the phone number as I so rarely dial it(true.) The lady handling the tickets said "Oh don't worry about the phone number we all know you Roger". Whoops I think I'll accept that in a positive manner and not think about it. Ha Ha Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment