Wednesday, January 22, 2020

7:30 PM Home, fed, and OK. It was a busy day (comparatively for me). It was a VA day for me. All positive for the VA except the eye dilation. It lasted way too long. Dilated eyes and 4:00 traffic out of Phoenix is not recommended. Made it - but I was SO ready for a small pitcher at the Legion. I experienced the most extensive eye exam I’ve ever had! Probably why the dilation issue. Learned a lot . . . Advice from VA eye doc. - Get it done where it’s most convenient for YOU just don’t let them sell you anything more than VA will pay for. Your eyes need the cataracts removed but that’s all. Special lens etc are uncalled for. Your eyes are healthy and there are no other problems and laser surgery is really cool but it isn’t any better than my work and I’d be the surgeon that did it here. Make your decision based on what works best for you- time and travel expenses. Whoo I’m in - schedule it at my local provider (3 miles away from home). Closing advice – just don’t let them sell you anything else you don’t need. I laughed out loud! “Not a problem” I said. Ha Ha Ha
Oh that was only ½ the VA involvement - Dermatology was actually first in the scheduling order. I have so much experience in that department that – well I watched the intern and evaluated and approved & proceeded. Awaiting biopsies report etc. As I checked out with arrangements for future appointments the receptions said “HEY – what are going to do for your upcoming 75 ? I laughed and said (probably responded inappropriately)’ “I don’t know but it’ll probably involve pretty ladies & alcohol”. As she wrote her PH# on the back of my appointment card. Ha Ha Ha Well it’s mostly true. Ha Ha Ha If you aren’t at least snicking - you might consider lightening up.

No comments:

Post a Comment