Monday, July 27, 2020

Ah Today ! I started serious activity around 9:00 AM with a snack and set off for the 1st item - get the Scout through emissions ! The prep. work was done, I was dressed and ready – get her done old man! 9:15 AM. 97 degrees so I didn’t need to drive it much to get it up to temperature. My thinking was most folks would try to get there early before it got really hot. I was wrong or it WAS really really busy earlier – judging by the sweat soaked uniforms of the employees it had been VERY busy and still was. I was about to desert the Scout for a shade tree, when an employee waved me in. I have to give him credit! He was polite almost smiled when HE got to do the Scout. A little later he returned and asked how I wanted to pay – CASH. He brought my change and handed me the report and said- “it didn’t just pass it did great” with a quick smile and waved me out for the next one. Report in hand and I was off to a third party MVD. I’d noted that on the renewal form I was re-registering a 1979 Interstate trailer with the same VIN # and plate # as the Scout. Not an issue for THAT department BUT an issue. Try explaining THAT to an officer of the law in the evening after a stop at the Legion. No Thank you. The time to take action was right THEN. I pointed out the problem to the nice young man that was assisting me and asked what the best way to deal with it was- “have to get a changed/corrected title and DO YOU HAVE the title of the vehicle ?” “Not with me close- within a few miles IF I can lay my hands on it ”. SHOCK when I got home I walked right in, went to a drawer that I knew at one time held such data. SHOCK ! An envelop that read Titles & Ins. Vehicles and trailers in my scribbles. Hot Dog ! Now I just have to wait for the sticker and title to arrive BY MAIL ! . That reminds me, get the receipts out of the envelope that I so carefully returned to the designated file in the designated drawer. Better carry them till I have other evidence of my uprightness and legality. Ha Ha Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment