Friday, May 19, 2017

“The News From Here” does seem to be struggling. The weeks seem to dissolve into the atmosphere without leaving a trail even. Yeah. Yeah we all have times like that I know but what amazes me so MUCH are the hours that are sometimes so LONG. I know that it is NOT an isolated situation yet it’s causes my mind to wonder and you are correct that it doesn’t take much to cause that to happen.

My “new to me” Microsoft certified refurbished computer arrived this morning. It’s fine- but I’m not. I did something wrong! Oh it does everything it should well BUT I did something to the network configuration. All three computers on the network access the internet via the network fine but won’t recognize each other. I know I messed up with my computer naming – I’ve moved them around a lot and frankly forgot about the importance of each “computer naming.” Oh Well- I CAN change the names and start all over and probably will resort to that but it’s a little complex- I hate complex – always have and as the years have accumulated, I hate it even worse. (chuckle)

My most respected and endeared bro-in-law assembled a package of old pictures of my siblings while making the move to assisted living and selling his house etc. OK that wasn’t too exceptional EXCEPT he sent them to me. I so appreciated his effort especially as his life has totally changed in the last few months. I MUST AND WILL stay in contact with him. No one during my life has reminded me so much of my dad in ways that are valuable, respected and worthy. So much so that I’m humbled and ________ , something I can’t find the correct word for right now. His life has not been easy and he has excelled and retained his convictions and personality. I know about going through old pictures and struggling with not being able to trash them yet no one else would want them yet I can’t throw them away – YET. All that may seem morbid to some – not to me at this point. Anyway back to the pictures- I have a niece who is very family orientated and the pictures are mostly of her aunt & uncle that she didn’t even know well. I notice an excessive-use of “yet” in the preceding paragraph- I think that is unrealistically optimistic BUT. . . (chuckle)

I think I won’t re-proof this post- it has served it’s purpose and hopefully gotten some things out of my mind without messing up my outlook- WHOO ain’t that a challenge ! Ha Ha Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment