Thursday, May 11, 2017

You will all be glad to know that I got started earlier this morning. I was “gettin with it” before 10:00 AM (chuckle). I got the west facing shade cover finished. They are quite an undertaking as each time the tarps are up to 2” different and rarely close to perfectly rectangle. The local vendor of bungee rope hasn’t had any in a long time so other means of anchoring them was needed. I had about 45’ of new on MY shelf so that handled the center panel that needs to be able to “give” to release air pressure when it’s windy and the other two are held with solid with steel (rust resistant (we’ll see)) 15 gauge wire except for the front edge- I had enough bungee rope for its the “neatest looking” arrangement I come up with. I don’t expect to get a year out of the tarps due to lack of quality but if they make it through the summer I’ll be satisfied.

I made Nachos & chips with ground beef & beans for lunch and finished a book. Then back at “it”. Patios on both sides of the building are usable/presentable again. Took some doing after the weather we’ve had the last few weeks and me not feeling up for the task. I watered the plants in back and a few cactus in front or are in pots and some that seem to struggle without extra water. Yes it was getting dark by then but I feel better about “old #5”. After a shower I expect to take one of two actions- read outside till my eyes start closing or straight to bed.

A pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment