Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Addendum time again 5:30 PM I can't believe that I spent HOURS going from

to

It might have been made worse by three factors 1) -It was a slightly different size than I usually get -different supplier. 2)I tried a new method of getting it in place - Actually it went OK sort of. The real issue is there isn't any room to work - The shop being enclosed an all sides and I have to work totally from inside the space and there is not any extra space, frankly not nearly enough. No "guy" would ever say his shop was big ENOUGH, Right?. (chuckle) 3)I can NEVER leave well enough alone gotta keep trying to make it work better. The unmentionable #4 might be that I'm a little slower than I recall being and take a lot more breaks but we won't put much stock in any of that -Right? This time it's fastened on two sides rigidly (as in no give) and two sides using 1/4" bungee cord. It IS monsoon time and we've had and continue to have a pretty stiff breezes - WIND - but nothing too bad but it DID start again about 1/3 way through the installation. Too many excuses? Ha Ha Ha Alas it's done for now and for a long time I hope. NOW (not this evening) it's clean up that mess of a shop time, But Darn, I know where most stuff is - or at least within a few feet of where it is - (chuckle)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Good Morning World! Yesterday went pretty well. I probably accomplished 3-5 hours work in 6. Hey That’s ain’t bad (for me). I didn’t loose much blood but I did need to do some hand washing to get a few spots out of a NEW “T” shirt I was wearing (foolish me). I’m not sure IF I could trim bougainvillea without shedding SOME blood. (chuckle). One got special had trimming. I plan on replacing a few section of what has served as fence along the East property line. Oh it IS fence but once we progressed beyond chainlink I added to the chainlink whatever I had or could afford to buy- That’s all pretty much trash and jink by now but it was WONDERFUL at the time. Each “improvement” of fence in that area has come at the price of some blood-literally as through the years the bougainvillea had been the privacy factor of the fence. At one time it was chainlink and bougainvillea totally. That time the cutting back and trimming was really tough- Slowly I’ve cut WAY back on using it.

I have been putting off installing the new tarp. for the shop. Just “cheap” I think. I know they don’t last and the monsoons are really tough on them BUT all the money I’ve spent for them wouldn’t have paid for the material to have a permanent roof. Currently cleaning up the shop and trying to get rid of and re-organizing isn’t a very pleasurable undertaking – closed in on all sides and without a cover means it’s HOT. I ?may? be working toward talking myself into that project for today. It WOULD be nice to have it done (chuckle) but getting a 12’ x 20’ tarp over the frame, over all the benches, power equip. and plain JUNK and then there’s all the “I’ll need that stuff someday – well, it’s tricky and THEN lacing it to the frame means ladder time with one foot on the ladder and the other on whatever can extend my reach. Shut-up Old Man- you are talking yourself out of getting IT DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment