Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Late Breaking Addendum/

5:30 PM It's raining ! Well it WAS raining just about 30 minutes ago as I grabbed the drop cord, pulled the plug and wound it up fast. 90% done with the project of trimming the Bougainvillea and listening to the thunder and thinking "work faster Old Man." Not something I have much RECENT experience with - that work faster thing. I'm more into quality of workmanship these days (chuckle). It's still coming down but it would take a LONG time to get really wet. It's really the kind of rain that does some good here- Too slow and easy to run off. I won't water anything tonight EXCEPT ME ! I due.

Now back what I was thinking/typing this morning

I trashed out a post from yesterday. Just didn't like the tone of it. I think it was just an attempt to get a regular post going again. I'll admit that it has gotten very difficult and, frankly, I wonder why. Then I think about how much has changed and I start to make excuses to myself. The bottom line is I need to make a decision - Keep on or drop TNFH.I hesitate to just drop "The News" (1)It doesn't cost anything except my time and effort (2)It has served as a reminder to me of the passing of days - UN-noticed becoming weeks and soon months and a means of communication between a diverse group of my loved ones (3)It has (your turn)______________ . Unfortunately it has also become just words on a page that often don't fit together too well and whose purpose was simply have words on a page. All the preceding is brow beating and attempts to avoid the realization that I've gotten stale! Yes and not just "The News From Here", I'VE gotten stale and, honestly, I don't enjoy it much. Time to kick some butt and I know just whose to start with (chuckle). Get Going Old Crusty before you get anymore CRUSTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment