Saturday, July 22, 2017

“If I’ve learned one thing in life it’s ____________ .” Ever heard someone say that? I’m sure I have, but frankly I can’t remember where or who said it. I’ve taken that expression and turned it to a “self warning” when I feel those words being assembled in my brain I go "WHOOPS, you are heading down a slippery slope, rocky road and a treacherous trail" . I guess it’s because I feel it’s an attempt to express some profundity for the sake of sounding profound or maybe to emphasize some point that I feel needs emphasizing and then realize I may already be on that slippery slope.
Here’s another one of those expressions that has slapped me in the face once or a million times “un-requested advice is always criticism”. I’m pretty sure I remember who I heard that from and I obviously NEEDED to hear it at the time and Thankfully. I have heard those words many times in my mind since. Again WHOOPS – Yep THAT’S what triggered the “If I’ve learned one thing in life it’s ____________ .” I was getting ready to formulate some “un-requested advice”. “ getting ready” was a down play of words for sure, I was well along the way down the slippery slope, etc. Thankfully I Heard a WHOOPS.

OK It’s Saturday night and I’m more or less comfortable in “Crusty’s Corner” and barring an emergency won’t be leaving “old #5” this evening but I do think I may hear a book and beverage calling me out to the courtyard.

WHOOPS it might be later than I thought - NO it is later than I thought - WHOOPS (chuckle)

No comments:

Post a Comment