Monday, July 24, 2017

Evening Addendum 8:00 PM
Today the only undertaking was picking up a couple of items to supplement the kitchen inventory. From Sat. evening til this evening HAD to have been longer than the clock & calendar showed. I was positive it HAD to be Tuesday evening by now. Ya think I may be tired? I'm hoping for NO monsoon tonight and the forecast has minimized the chance from over 50% to under 15%. Hope they are correct. I feel a rant coming on so I think I'll substitute a very hot shower and a Good Night All.

Mr Monsoon arrived in Central Mesa quite successfully yesterday evening. He started out with significant wind and continued his performance through the night with continued rain. Once the rain started in earnest the wind diminished and that was his threat to “old #5”. I was out with nylon straps trying to secure the tarp carports. That was probably a silly gesture but it made me feel better. They survived, probably in spite of my efforts. It was the direction of the wind that was more concerning to me. It was directly out of the East and blowing right in the open end of the carport. Some modification is needed to my anchoring – we’ll see what I come up with.
The rain has begun again and it’s not just drizzle either.

Whatever I elect to undertake today will, HOPEFULLY, be inside. It just isn’t going to be dry enough for about anything except for staying cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment