Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Late Breaking Special Report from 08/15/2017

Thanks be ! I lost all of my excuses today for not doing much. Now I’m not only clueless but I’m excuse-less too. Doctors report after all the lab work and the exam- “you are in exceptional condition, for a man your age.” Now she could have left off that last part (chuckle) but I didn’t complain. She did ask if I would take some specific vitamins if she prescribed them – due to myself indulgent life style. (chuckle) She didn’t SAY “due to my self indulgent life style” but the insinuation was pretty clear. What could I say “sure” if they don’t taste bad.” I didn’t say that either but . . . (chuckle)

Probably NOT a (chuckle) but at least a smile- In celebration I decided to go to the Legion for a while. Actually the doc recommended the legion as a social outlet and or a pet. I didn’t hear the second part very well so she must not have felt strongly about that. (Ha Ha Ha) (I figured you were probably tired of (chuckles))

Darrel Achenback (SP?) How many have you ever known? Have you ever know one from Central IA? Have you ever known a Darrel Achenback that was from Central IA AND a career policeman? As I was telling (re-telling likely) a buddy about Darrel & I bringing the 6 Million dollar CASH payroll to ‘’’Ft. Leonard Wood in the back of an old worn out Military Police car. Doc said WAIT A MINUTE did you say Darrel Achenback? He said “a tall thin guy – career cop? “Yeah that’s him why?” He said “I worked with him several times” . Imagine that ! Well neither of us really could but we compared the profiles we remembered and YEP, Had to be the same one. After almost 50 years and almost 2000 miles – Well Darrel you were remembered today by a couple old friends - kindly and with lots of respect – wherever you are now.

Below is The News From Here from this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment