Saturday, November 4, 2017

7:30 PM

SATURDAY NIGHT and I'm home in front of the computer. Something is clearly wrong.
My world is at peace again. The Scout is functional AGAIN. I started to say "I love that old truck" but I think that might be a slight exaggeration. I don't use that word loosely therefore rarely. I do really like it and I'm glad to have it going again. The "fix' was simple, the diagnosis required help. I never realized how much I NEED to talk things over and throw ideas back and forth. I'm confident I'd could/would have figured it out but I had a deadline of Monday morning and I'm not sure I could have made it along with DOING the repair. Sometimes it's actually hard to remember I haven't worked on cars/trucks or even been around it much for a great number of years. They (vehicles) are certainly not the same now and my memory isn't either. I keep being reminded that it's usually a question of cleaning my mind and re-addressing the issue more than not being able to figure it out.

I've been thinking about Thursday- cleanup of the front & side yards. I now know more neighbors than I have in all the years I have been here put together, since Feb. 1993. Now don't get me wrong that number is one that I can count on my fingers yet, but now it would take both hands. . . (chuckle) I'm not even sure I like it yet (Ha Ha) - yeah I do. It's like knowing all the regular employees at the hardware store. Understand that the average age of those employees (other than cash register help) is likely 70+. I know a little about their kids & grandkids & a LOT about their spouses and even more about their "history". As I may have mentioned before, sometimes it doesn't take much to entertain me. Obviously "sometimes" it doesn't take too much to entertain YOU either - you're reading this aren't YOU. Got YA

No comments:

Post a Comment