Friday, December 15, 2017

10:00 PM

from my facebook -
I know you'll never believe that I changed my mind several times this evening but I DID. From a B,B & B evening in front of the fireplace to a (5 block trip) to the Legion. THEN I thought "I haven't eaten much today and the Legion is a good place to correct that. Oh Dear - Did I correct that! Are you ready for this? 3 sliders (your choice chicken (not an option for me) pulled pork or cheese burgers with fries. I told the waitress that I couldn't decide between pork & beef. She said mix them up! OK YOU decide between pork & beef. I almost took a picture of it when it arrived. Beautiful! Two cheese burger sliders and one pulled pork beautifully garnished and presented AND delicious BUT I couldn't eat it all- I actually left fries and one UN-touched cheeseburger slider. I couldn't believe it. Fantastic ! Now for the finish - $5 for the meal + $4 for a small pitcher forces me to be generous with the tips and gladly I might add. !

Other things- I’ve been on a roll – not much of a roll as compared to the younger version of me (as I recall, anyway (chuckle)). The roof project is waiting for the 30 day cure period before topping it with the final seal coat, material waiting in the shed. The back patio & courtyard are presentable after all the debris I blew off the roof. NOW it’s finishing with Christmas things and NO I don’t have colored lights up or a tree. (chuckle)

As I was blowing the dust, dirt and debris out of the courtyard across the sidewalk to the street I looked up and there was a young man walking through the storm. I looked up and said “I’m sorry about that.” He said “Hey, you're the man getting it done” with a big friendly smile on his face and kept walking & waving bye and it WASN'T a one finger solute either.

No comments:

Post a Comment