Thursday, December 14, 2017

8:30 PM

Got a call from Bill this morning as I was getting my act together (gathering tools & equip) to get on the roof. He said “I’m putting a beef roast in the slow cooker, should be ready around 4:00 come over.” Well that was easy “I’ll be there.” I got everything lined up and on the roof- 150’ hose with high pressure nozzle, broom, dustpan, empty bucket for trash, small hand tools to eliminate unused cable & phone wires etc. I paused and took a good look and the task ahead. WHOO I’m glad I didn’t wait any longer to tackle this project. No major damage YET but that section of the building is about 1500 sq. feet and has so many low spots from age that water had collected and caused the sealer to degrade and start cracking slightly. The obvious question was - Oh Oh Ya got a leak? Response “No and I don’t want one one either.” OK so washing the roof isn’t hard work but getting everything up there means a few trip up & down the ladder with ‘stuff’ and getting the hose (3 sections) up and turned on means a few trips by it’s self. Hey it is in the middle of a large city but that’s in the middle of a desert PLUS there’s a monster Cottonwood next door and a major construction staging area ½ a block down the street- dumping fill dirt and reloading for the light rail extension. Dirty ! Leaves in the corners and small limbs to clean up etc. At 3:22 it was ready to actually repair. WHOOPS THE ROAST WILL BE DONE SOON. A quick call “Is anyone else going to be there for dinner?” I’m dirty, shoes are soaked and I’m tired.” The reply “come on over.” I did! It was great PLUS dogie bags with Strawberry cake made to return trip in fine order.
Home again – The wind was not supposed to come up this evening! Wind = Dust = Good thing I left the blower and cord up there. I hope I don’t have to wash it again before making the spot repairs. Washing it again won’t be the job it was IF it’s needed. Hopefully it won’’t be needed. MAYBE just a quick hit with the blower will make it ready for spot repairs. When THAT’S all done I can clean up all the crap I washed off the roof that is on 2 patios and the sidewalks. Actually a great day- We’ll see if I feel the same way in the morning- chuckle -

No comments:

Post a Comment