Tuesday, December 12, 2017

10:00 PM

I attended an IH Scout club meeting this evening. There were ups and downs for me. Ups- great mix of people, from one old guy maybe even older than me. I remembered him from the last one I went to, probably 10 years ago. When I confronted him he said “I knew I’d met you but couldn’t remember where or when.” (chuckle) Another “up” was the group- What a mix. Young couples with small children, to, well a couple of us, really, old timers. The real down was only that I didn’t hear much. It was in a bar, music playing, typical bar noise, and I stayed back toward the rear in case it was too much “meeting.” Not the case. It didn’t take much to understand why all the ‘well seasoned’ ‘mature folks’ were sitting up close to the “head table”. The real kicker was, I was the only one there driving a Scout to the meeting. Very nice folks. Might even go back BUT sit all the way up front next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment