Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Oh Darn another B,B & B evening. I may have sub-consciously Planned that. Probably not early in the day but somewhere while I was trying to get the license renewed on the Mercury. When it flew through emissions with almost NONE I thought I was on easy street but there were barricades. (1) The on-line system wouldn't take the two year renewal PERIOD. (2)the DMV I've gone to since 1993 is GONE. Fortunately there WAS a 'Moved to' sign indicting the new one was just about 7-10 miles away. (3) got to the NEW DMV office was told "you didn't get the 2 year tests." The lady was not rude and I gave her every opportunity minus bad language, name calling and threats. She just said look at this on the top of your emissions report for one year. I said "Yes I see that now but I've never seen it before & I've been getting 2 year licenses for many years just not on THIS vehicle." I'm going to say that her response was a sort of smile rather than saying it was a smirk but. . .

I walked in the Legion last night and got a few greetings and announced "I'M COLD" and then got an overwhelming BOOOO ! from a lot of folks. I don't have much tolerance for cool even and add some dampness and I cease to care about 'projects' and differed maintenance and issues likes that -

Well today when the emissions air pump finally locked up as in totally locked up. I got it shut down before the belt burned up but it was sure smoking - Hey it's new belt! Ha Ha Ha - They are available (ordered) and not TOO expensive and not too bad too install as long as I don't have to change the belt. It's the closest to the engine and would mean removing the fan, radiator and shroud which means everything belt driven has to be loosened and then re-adjusted when re-installed. Again and I know I'm repeating myself - when you rely on an OLD vehicle it's sure good to have a spare. If I could get it off easily I'd just drive it that way till next year. Most experts agree that they didn't do much anyway and were just a 'Federal SHOW requirement'. SHOW- see we'll making a better environment but making your vehicle cost more to buy and maintain with almost NO reduction in pollution. OK It's original equipment so is getting close to 40 years old and well . . .

B,B & B evening - YUP! The fire is laid in and notice was taken that IF I don't get some more wood I won't be a happy camper. WHOOPS the Scout is down! Good thing I thought of that NOW! The Grand Marque was NEVER intended for that kind of use nor pulling a trailer SO . . . My urgency to get the Scout back has risen drastically! I have propane and heaters but they only provide warmth where as a fire provides warmth and soothing atmosphere and is conductive to relaxing meditation and . . . I LIKE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment