Tuesday, January 9, 2018

7:00 AM

I noticed a small puddle of some kind of fluid under the Scout. For years that was very common but slowly I thought I was getting them fixed. The Scout’s usual parking place has a slight downward slant toward the passenger side front. The puddle was NOT big or wide or deep but the real problem was/is I can’t tell what the fluid is. Oh I know ‘stick my finger in it and smell it’. Tried that! I can’t tell – I’ve never had that engine cleaned professionally. Some old school car guys will tell you that cleaning one just makes leaks. I’ve never been of that persuasion. I figure their idea of creating a leak is actually just removing built up grease and grime allows a leak to drip freely and reveal it’s source instead of being soaked up by the gunk and dissipated so much you don’t notice it. If you DO notice it, you really have a ‘time’ finding it as it’s spread all over. Long story made a little shorter – I cleaned (sort of) some places that are very hard to get to and took it for a test drive. Got back and parked it in it’s usual spot. After several hours I didn’t SEE a leak. When it’s light outside I’ll check it again. It seems to be coming from a spot that could provide a leak of engine oil, gas or even coolant. That keeps it interesting! To me anyway, but not a “Happy” interesting though.
Rain is predicted for this evening and tomorrow. We COULD get up to 1/4 inch, Whaa Whoo ! ! ! Unfortunately some strong breezes will likely accompany that moisture. The giant Cottonwood tree next door with about 70% yellow leaves from the last cool period. That means that I will have another project of cleaning up the fallen leaves before they get embedded in and around my desert landscaping. Oh Well – I do have experience at that and it isn’t rocket science but it is time consuming and dirty. Hum I guess that’s MY KIND of project.

No comments:

Post a Comment