Monday, May 14, 2018

Monday 9:30 PM
Ya know it’s been dry in Central AZ when I’m out watering cacti – Dry & breezy (WINDY). OK so that isn’t remarkably unusual. The cactus won’t die but they start looking like of pathetic and I can tell. Arms start to droop and some pieces fall off etc. And then there were these bugs! I only had bug issues on cactus that were Mealy Bugs & termites. These were NEW to me and there were a LOT of them. They WERE about a half inch long, a triangle or shield shaped body with 6 legs and two curled feelers and their body was exactly the color of the cactus. Later I found that the color of their body changed when they escaped the cactus & poison I found for them. Over 20 years with exclusively Cacti in front and I’d never dealt with them before. The poison I got was for food crops so it doesn’t remain potent long but so far they haven’t returned and they starting running immediately. Speaking of Cacti and food I used to have families come during spring to harvest Prickly Pear Pads regularly. Strange it’s been a few years and a couple of the families I remember from year to year. Nice folks – our conversations where brief because I don’t speak any Spanish and they didn‘t speak much English but we could communicate. Sort of miss them. Makes me wonder what happened? Oh Well, almost everything makes me wonder about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment