Friday, August 30, 2019

Why Yes the Crusty One is still kicking – How be it not very high and not very hard. (chuckle)
The Scout sits where I left it last report. I’m comfortable with jacking it up onto jack stands, using a air wrench taking off the flat tire, getting the spare out but that’s where the system breaks down. I can get the spare (matching tire) out but that’s where complications really enters the formula. I’ve changed tires on it before, a lot, but I’m currently under a 5# limit for lifting / pulling and pushing etc. Well I’m here to tell ya even a 10x31x15 mounted is well more than that. Trouble is I just ain’t smart enough to deal with that. Yeah I’m figuring ways to “get her done“. Bull headed ya say? What you talking about? Ha Ha Ha
Ok I may be getting old - “er”.
I, after 15+/- years with a Scout (& other IH products for lots longer) ordered a service manual for a ‘79’ IH Scout ! Ha Ha Ha Does “Crazy old man“ ring any chimes? Like I’ve said before “Like Dear Old Dad said” “Just do what ya do best but ya might try to do a little more of it.” I think I was I was 8 or 9 when he said that and I’m pretty sure he was referring to mowing the grass. (chuckle)

No comments:

Post a Comment